9.02.2012

Prayer for the FIrst Day of Class

The Teacher's Prayer 
by Marsha Elyn Wright

Help me be grateful
for the students who like to learn,
and feel challenged by those who don't. 

Help me be thankful 
for the students I love,
and understand those I'm learning to love. 

Help me be motivated
by the students who learn to think,
and be committed to those afraid to try. 

Help me be inspired 
by the students who choose right over wrong,
and be patient with those who lack the courage. 

Help me be gentle
with the students who make mistakes,
and learn to forgive a difficult child. 

Help me be wise
with the students building character,
and be unwavering with those without conscience. 

Help me be committed
to the students who are responsible,
and be persistent with those who value nothing. 

Help me be calm
in the midst of violence,
and model self-control in the midst of anger. 

Help me be faithful
in the days of discouragement,
and be dedicated to make one child smile.

Wish me luck!
Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment